The secret of winning coaches and mentors is knowing how to motivate their players, to "fire them up".
Even if you don't have a coach or a mentor, you can fire yourself up with "positive self-talk." Essentially, this is a pep-talk selfie.
Use positive language to describe what you hope to accomplish today, tomorrow and in the future. Tell it to God, pray for it, and solicit His help – He's waiting for you to turn to Him. People complain that the Almighty didn't help them, but the Almighty simply counters, "You didn't ask for My help."
Unfortunately, people are constantly using statements that cause them to berate themselves, their efforts, or their abilities. They need to learn how to turn these into positive statements around, and include the Almighty. That's "positive self-talk." You certainly know how to take a selfie with your cellphone camera, right? This is just as easy – give yourself a pep-talk selfie! Make 5 to 10 strong statements that reflect your aspirations and abilities. Share them too with the Creator, and tell Him that you're positive that He hears you and that He'll help you. Do this all day long and you'll go a long way. Try these:
- With the Almighty's help, I will succeed!
- Hashem, I know that You are with me.
- With God's help, I'm going to win!
- Hashem, you've helped me in tougher challenges than this. With Your help, it'll be a cinch.
- Heavenly Father, help me do what I know how to do.
- Loving Father in Heaven, I am Your child – help me make You especially proud of me today.
Don't ever forget though: real emuna and true personal growth doesn't come easy. There is big resistance on the field. A winning fighter gets hurt on the way to victory, but the victory sure feels great.